Position Summary: The attorney position will serve as the primary legal support to WOSB advisory and consulting firm for implementation of an aggressive legal framework for business growth. This role works closely with various business leaders in the firm in order to provide legal counsel principally focused on US Federal Government contracting issues in addition to providing routine commercial/corporate legal guidance. The role requires extensive knowledge of Commercial Contracting terms and U.S. Federal Acquisition Regulations to include intellectual property right protection, funding limitations, risk mitigation, delivery and acceptance terms. This role will have a broad mandate in building and implementing the legal framework for growing business in adherence to regulatory guidelines.
Qualifications: Applicant must be a US citizen. Ability to qualify for and obtain a Government security clearance is required. Company will not sponsor a work visa for this position. Only applicants residing in the Washington DC metro area will be considered for this position.
Location: The successful candidate will work remotely during COVID-19 shutdown.
Key Responsibilities/ Accountabilities:
- Provides primary day-to-day legal support including, but not limited to drafting, reviewing and negotiating a variety of government and commercial contracts and bid documents, including RFPs and RFIs, teaming agreements, Statements of Work (SOWs), contract amendments, license agreements, distribution, and reseller agreements, and subcontracts
- Oversees the company’s GSA Schedule and assumes responsibility for ensuring compliance with contractual requirements and government reporting
- Maintains company SAM (System for Award Management) registration and representations and certifications
- Participate in the review, drafting and negotiation of Government (federal, state, and local) contracts and grants, and private agreements and grants
- Participate in the review, drafting and negotiation of complex vendor agreements, subcontract, consulting agreements, purchase order terms and conditions, etc.
- Provide support for other transactional legal work, including the review, drafting and negotiation of specialized commercial and other agreements such as Memoranda of Understanding, Memoranda of Agreement, Teaming Agreements, Non-disclosure Agreements, Licensing Agreements, etc.
- Serves as key liaison between company, contracting personnel and DSCA, DCMA and DCAA personnel
- Works closely with Finance to ensure compliance with Cost Accounting Standards including supporting DCAA audits
- Supports the sales team’s efforts to expand and grow the business in accordance with all legal, regulatory and contractual requirements
- May oversee other compliance personnel
- In-depth knowledge of the FAR, DFAR, and those requirements unique to contracting with the US Government.
- Experience working with GSA Schedules and GSA Schedule reporting requirements, as well as contracts subject to the Cost Accounting Standards and DCAA compliance audits
- Prior experience developing and administering compliance programs for sales-focused organizations
- Adaptable ‘can do’ attitude, ability to work independently and take decisions
- Admission to a U.S. bar in good standing
- Must be a U.S. citizen capable of obtaining a U.S. Federal Government security clearance
- Candidate must have a Juris Doctor and 3+ years of experience
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $110,000.00 base commensurate with experience.
How to Apply: Resume and cover letter with salary requirements. Final candidates will undergo background clearance and skills assessment prior to final selection. We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for this position, however, only candidates selected for interviews within the salary range will be contacted. The firm is an EEO/AA employer. The firm will not discriminate in its hiring practices because of an applicant’s race color, religion, sex, national origin, and veteran or disability status.