Position Summary: We are seeking a Business Development/Capture Manager to work directly with practice leads, business operations, and senior leadership to submit winning proposals to expand business footprint in US. Applicants must have US federal government contract industry proposal experience and looking for an opportunity to drive business development for unique partnership opportunity.
Qualifications: Applicant must be a US citizen. Ability to qualify for and obtain a Government security clearance is required. Company will not sponsor a work visa for this position. Only applicants residing in the Washington DC metro area will be considered for this position.
Location: The successful candidate will work remotely during COVID-19 shutdown.
Key Responsibilities/ Accountabilities: The Business Development Manager is responsible for leading the sales strategy to all potential clients with an emphasis on the Federal Government sector. The ideal candidate will:
- Identify, develop, track and opportunities for Federal Government contracts
- Build, develop, and manage trusted relationships with key agency decision makers and executives; promote consulting practice advantage and position the company to pursue and win opportunities as they go to market
- Create and deliver effective client presentations and proposals that address specific client needs
- Develop and execute business development plans and coordinate BD efforts to achieve sales and revenue targets
- Develop marketing strategy and assist with planning and executing sales initiatives; actively participate in marketing events for lead generation
- Work with business team to develop proposal narratives, project descriptions and reports, prepare resumes for proposals, draft press releases and internal communications, assist with white papers and other corporate documents and deliverables that conform to established corporate brand standards
- Review and edit documents to ensure the message is consistent in voice and content and is formatted, cross-referenced and footnoted, to appeal to and capture our target audience
- Review RFP and solicitation documentation and prepare checklists, templates, and other documents to facilitate understanding of proposal requirements and schedules
- Coordinate proposal efforts to include market research, prepare and submit past proposal questionnaires, and prepare key personnel resumes
- Participate in BD pipeline review meetings and assist with management of consulting practice Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software tool
- Conduct market research and share knowledge of data and trends to assist senior leadership team in the analysis and development of business opportunity capture strategy and implementation plans
- Improve and maintain marketing library
- Collaborate with Executive Leadership Team in executing the company’s sales process to achieve growth objectives.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field. MBA is preferred.
- Minimum of seven (7) years of sales experience at least three (3) years in Federal contracting environment.
- Successful track record of developing leads, proposal development, and winning contracts with the DoD, and other federal agencies
- Familiarity with federal acquisition vehicles such as beta.sam.gov and GSA Schedule
- Working knowledge of SBA and FAR rules and regulations
- A clear record of quota achievement and metrics-driven approach to prospecting and managing pipeline from discovery to successful close
- Proficiency in tracking potential opportunities and forecasting accurately on a monthly/quarterly/annual basis
- Excellent proposal writing and verbal skills with an attention to organization, detail, and quality presentation
- Organizational skills and discipline in using sales productivity tools
- Strong desire to work with a company to expand a Federal Government business
- Must have excellent computer skills and advanced knowledge of MS OfficeSuite.
- Must be willing to work flexible/variable hours to meet project deadlines
- Must be willing to travel to conferences and seminars
- Must maintain the highest level of confidentiality, ethics and professionalism
- Confident, action-oriented, self-starter with a sense of integrity; actively seeks individual professional growth and development opportunities
- Must be able to exercise independent judgment and maintain confidentiality.
- Must be determined to succeed and be willing to work hard.
- Must be a team player with a strong work ethic that takes ownership of their job.
- Training and/or certification in business development, capture management, or proposal management
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $85,000.00 to $100,000.00 /year
How to Apply: Resume and cover letter with salary requirements. Final candidates will undergo background clearance and skills assessment prior to final selection. We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for this position, however, only candidates selected for interviews within the salary range will be contacted. The firm is an EEO/AA employer. The firm will not discriminate in its hiring practices because of an applicant’s race color, religion, sex, national origin, and veteran or disability status.