Accounting Consultant Partner: WOSB firm has an immediate position for an accounting consultant partner able to deliver “real results” to positively impact lives. This position will collaborate with the CEO to lead, grow and develop a customer engaged practice environment that fosters intellectual growth and rewards to individuals based on performance impact and not tenure. The partner establishes teams to solve complex problems including technological challenges that stretch across government and private companies in the consulting profession. Partner qualifications requires U.S. citizenship, favorable clearance history, and have an opportunity pipeline ready to service for serious consideration.
Required Qualifications and/or Education:
- Must be a U.S. citizen.
- Obtain and maintain a Personnel Security Clearance/Public Trust determination
Location: The successful candidate will work remotely during COVID-19 shutdown; however, one must be able to commute to the Washington Metropolitan area or Columbia, MD to attend periodic meetings and trainings as needed.
- Provide advisory services related to GAO Government Auditing Standards, including OMB Circulars A-11 Preparation and Submission of Budget Estimates, A-123 Management’s Responsibility for Internal Control, A-134 Financial Accounting Principles and Standards, A-136 Financial Reporting Requirements, Digital Accountability and Transparency Act of 2014, and Improper Payments Elimination and Recovery Improvement Act of 2012
*Provide guidance on all areas involving accounting/finance functions to include: financial reporting, operational accounting, technical accounting, transactions
- Participate management oversight over and/or lead engagements including teams providing Accounting Advisory services
- Communicate effectively with clients to convey project findings, updates and recommendations to executive clients
- Create presentations that effectively inform and influence client decisions
- Develop high functional teams to work independently and develop high quality work products that are free of error.
- • Collaborate with engagement and client team members regarding business issues and potential solutions
- Assist Managing Consultants with project administration (e.g. project setup and planning, budgeting, account management, billing, etc.)
- Foster a spirit of collaboration among team members
- Participate in leadership oversight of firm’s role by advancing the firm and Accounting Advisory practice through committees and internal initiatives (e.g. recruiting, business development, marketing, etc.)
Required Experience & Qualifications:
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Certified Government Financial Manager (CGFM) OR Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) in good standing with at least five (8) years of audit experience including five (5) years with federal government in leading and providing technical assistance to compliance audits.
- Expert knowledge with OMB Circular A-123, other OMB guidance, GAO guidance, and FASAB regulatory framework.
- 5+ years of experience advising commercial companies in one or more of the following areas: financial reporting, operational accounting, implementing new accounting policy, transactions
The ideal candidate shall have the following qualifications:
- Prior experience in professional services (public accounting or advisory firm), preferably at the “Big Four” or with a management consulting firm
- In-depth knowledge of accounting standards
- Consistent success in building and developing strong client relationships
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to foster an environment of collaboration and excellence
- Detail oriented with the ability to think from a “big picture” perspective
- Creativity, confidence, and flexibility
- High energy, enthusiasm and an entrepreneurial spirit
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and exercise ethical conduct
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $125,000.00 to $165,000.00 /year. Starting base salary commensurate with experience + commissions.
How to Apply: Resume and cover letter with salary requirements. Final candidates will undergo background clearance and skills assessment prior to final selection. We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for this position, however, only candidates selected for interviews within the salary range will be contacted. The firm is an EEO/AA employer. The firm will not discriminate in its hiring practices because of an applicant’s race color, religion, sex, national origin, and veteran or disability status.